If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Sausage and Peppers with Zucchini Noodles & hearty pasta sauce, topped off with yummy melted blend of Mozzarella, Asiago, & Parmesan cheese. —Holly
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound spicy Italian chicken sausauge
- 1 pound sweet Italian chicken sausage
- 3 peppers (red, orange, and yellow) chopped into 1-inch x 2-inch strips
- 2 medium onions rough-chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 6 garlic cloves, smashed & rough chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt & pepper
- 3 small zucchini, zoodled
- 1 23-ounce jar of your favorite pasta sauce (I used Ragu's new Homestyle Thick & Hearty Roasted Garlic)
- 10 fresh basil leaves, cut into long thin strips
- 4 ounces each of these 3 cheeses, shredded: Mozzarella, Parmesan, & Asiago
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cook sausage in olive oil for 10-12 minutes over medium-high heat (turning over once) and set aside.
- Cook peppers and onions in the same pan for 8 minutes. Add garlic, salt and pepper and cook for 4 more minutes.
- While the vegetables are cooking, zoodle your zucchinis. Then cut the strands into ~8 inch pieces (this does not have to be precise, but cutting the zoodles now will make it easier to serve).
- Stir the pasta sauce into the pan with the peppers and onions. Slice the sausage into ½ inch pieces and add to the pan as well.
- Fold zucchini noodles and basil into the mixture and allow to cook for 4 minutes on medium-low. Transfer to a 9x13 baking dish, and top with cheese.
- Bake on 375 degrees for 10-15 minutes, until cheese is melted.