If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A gorgeous tuna steak, smothered in soy and sesame seeds, then served on a bed of hot spring salad.
I've made this for both small and large groups, plated along side other nibbles and it works wonderfully each time. It's ideal for lunchtimes when you want something a little different, but don't have much time to spare. —Hannah Holt
grams tuna steak
grams sesame seeds
milliliters soy sauce
handful asparagus stems
salt & pepper
- Pour the soy sauce onto a deep plate, and place the tuna steak in the middle. Turning, to ensure both sides are coated and using a pastry brush to coat the edges.
- Pour the sesame seeds into another deep plate, and move the soy covered steak onto the seeds. Again, turning to ensure that every inch is covered completely.
- Now, de-seed and slice the chillies along with the shallots. Toss with lemon oil, add the asparagus stems and place in the oven at 180°C for 15 minutes.
- Heat a glug of oil in a large frying pan and then place the steak into the pan.
- Fry on each side for 4 minutes and then place on kitchen towel to dab off excess oil.
- Place the rocket on a plate, then the grilled vegetables, then slice the tuna thinly and lay it on top of the vegetables.