If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a delightful recipe for a zesty lime pistachio brittle. Full of flavor and an excellent combination. Good to eat as is, to sprinkle on top of cookies, cakes, cupcakes or to be given as a gift to your favorite pistachio lover. —Jenny @ The Finished Plate
Makes 1 sheet pan of brittle
- vegetable spray
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup pistachios
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- zest of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper; spray with nonstick spray and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together baking soda and lime juice. There will be a reaction, set aside bowl.
- Using a heatproof spatula, stir in pistachios, butter, and kosher salt (syrup will seize initially, but will melt as it heats back up). Continue to cook syrup, stirring often, until thermometer registers 300° and pistachios are golden brown, 3-4 minutes. Caramel should be pale brown (it will darken slightly as it cools).
- Pour in baking soda/lime juice mixture. There will be a slight reaction. Continue to stir until the candy is well mixed.
- Immediately pour caramel onto prepared baking sheet and, using a heat-proof spatula, quickly spread out as thin as possible. Sprinkle lime zest over and let caramel cool completely for about an hour. Break brittle into pieces.
- Brittle can be made 1 week ahead. Store airtight between sheets of parchment paper (to prevent sticking) at room temperature.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best No-Bake Desserts
More Great Recipes: Candy