If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This ice-cream is made of fruit, cocoa and natural sweeteners.
I usually use 5 ingredients for banana chocolate ice-cream, but you can also use less. Actually you may enjoy it even with only 2 ingredients, banana and cocoa. I usually add a little bit of honey or maple syrup to make it sweeter, and also add peanut butter for flavor and creaminess. Cocoa nibs are what makes this ice-cream super special, I love their bitterness and crunchiness, but you may enjoy this chocolate ice-cream even without them. —Ejona Varangu
- 2 very ripe, medium bananas
- 3 tablespoons dark, unsweetened, cocoa powder
- 1-2 teaspoons honey or maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon cocoa nibs
- I’ve made banana ice-cream 2 ways. In the first method I used frozen banana. It is very nice, since you may enjoy the ice-cream immediately, but you may risk to broke your blender, like I did In the second method, I used room temperature banana and then froze the cream overnight.
- Option 1 Choose ripe bananas, which are sweet and soft Peel and cut them into coins and freeze overnight in freezer bags. Blend the frozen banana pieces together with cocoa powder, honey or maple syrup, cocoa nibs and peanut butter in a small food processor or powerful blender Voilaaaa – the ice cream is ready. You can enjoy it immediately, even though it will be quite soft, or you can transfer it in an airtight container freezer proof and freeze until solid.
- Option 2 Choose ripe bananas, which are sweet and soft Peel and cut them into big chops. Blend the banana chops together with cocoa powder, honey or maple syrup, cocoa nibs and peanut butter in a small food processor or powerful blender. Put the cream in an airtight container and freezer proof and freeze overnight (or 3-4 hours, until solid). Remove from the fridge. Let it stand at room temperature for 2-3 min and scoop with an ice-cream scooper.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best No-Bake Desserts