If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is my raw-vegan mash-up of two favorite European desserts: English trifle and Italian tiramisu. The result is a sophisticated dessert worthy of any fancy tabletop. —Christina Ross a.k.a Love Fed
Serves 2 small trifles
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
Chocolate Sauce Drizzle
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder (or cacao powder)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 bananas
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cocoa powder (or cacao powder) for garnish
- To make the cream: Place the cashews, sea salt, almond milk, cold-brewed coffee, maple syrup, coconut oil, vanilla extract, and lemon juice in a blender and blend until very creamy.
- To make the chocolate sauce drizzle: Whisk the cacao powder, maple syrup, and vanilla extract together in a small bowl until smooth. Transfer to a squirt bottle, if you have one, or leave in the bowl until ready to use.
- To assemble the trifle: Cut each of the bananas into 3 even sections. Slice each section in half lengthwise (you will have 18 total pieces of banana). Place 2 of the banana sections in the bottom of a "3 3/4 x 4 1/4" trifle glass or ramekin. Repeat in a second glass or ramekin. Squirt chocolate sauce (or drizzle with a spoon) along the rims of the glasses all the way around, reserving some for garnish. Next, add enough cream to cover the bananas. Layer another 2 banana sections on top, then the cream.
- Stand up the remaining 10 banana sections vertically around the sides of each glass (5 per glass), then pour in the cream to the top. Gently sift cacao powder on top and garnish with a drizzle of chocolate sauce. Serve immediately or let chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or until ready to serve. The trifles can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best No-Bake Desserts