If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: An ultra creamy and firm ice cream with intense orange pekoe flavour that you can smell even before it starts to melt on your tongue. Miles stronger than you cup of tea. —Coco et Cocoa
Makes 1 quart
- 9 orange pekoe tea bags
- 1 earl grey tea bag
- 3 cups half-and-half
- 6 egg yolks
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Cut open the tea bags and empty them into a saucepan. Add the half-and-half and bring almost to a simmer, whisking constantly. Continue steeping, while maintaining the heat for 20 minutes, or until the cream is the colour of a latte, or deep beige.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the yolks, sugar, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Stir the mixture over medium heat or until thickened.
- Allow to cool to room temperature, cover, and chill in the fridge completely, preferably overnight.
- Churn in an ice cream according to manufacturer's instructions. Transfer to a freezable container and freeze until firm.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best No-Bake Desserts