If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is my mother's recipe. She made it with berries, cherries and peaches depending on the season. It's a fancy looking dessert that's easy to make. This is the basic recipe, use whatever fruit you wish. —Leith Devine
- 2 packets ladyfingers
- 2 cups fresh or frozen fruit
- sugar as needed
- 1 packet powdered gelatin
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla or almond extract, depending on fruit
- 6 egg whites (or 1 cup whippable pasteurized egg whites)
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Spray a springform pan with non-stick cooking spray. Place ladyfingers along the bottom, cutting them to fit tightly with no spaces showing. Line the rest of the ladyfingers up on the sides of the pan, again with no spaces in between them.
- Process fresh or frozen food until smooth. Add sugar to your taste. Strain to remove any seeds.
- Add 1 packet gelatin to the fruit puree, stir until dissolved. Set aside.
- Beat whipping cream, 1/4 cup sugar and vanilla or almond extract until mixture reaches medium soft peaks.
- Beat egg whites and cream of tartar until mixture reaches stiff peaks.
- Gently fold the fruit puree into the whipped cream. Combine thoroughly.
- Gently fold the egg whites into the fruit cream mixture. Combine thoroughly.
- Put mixture into the ladyfinger lined springform pan. Refrigerate for 4-6 hours or until firm.
- Serve with World's Easiest Fruit Sauce.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best No-Bake Desserts