If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I had made this recipe a couple of years ago as part of a sponsored post and it is a treat I've gone back to repeatedly. I must admit, it was the purple basil simple syrup that hooked me into making this with a deep licorice like note, but the end result was well worth it. —Panfusine
Purple Basil simple syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup purple basil
- Combine the ingredients in a saucepan and simmer until the basil is all wilted and has released its aroma into the syrup. Cool down and strain into a bottle. Refrigerate until needed..
Cherry lime basil
- 1 pound cherries, stemmed and pitted
- 1/4 cup Purple Basil simple syrup
- Juice of 1 lime
- purple basil leaves for garnish
- blend the three ingredients together and pour out into a flat, shallow glass dish and place in freezer
- Scrape the frozen block of cherry puree with a fork and spoon out into stemmed glasses. Garnish with a basil leaf and serve immediately.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best No-Bake Desserts