If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: For this particular recipe, I added a mashed banana to the pudding itself. That step can be omitted for a more traditional super smooth pudding. Also, the picture doesn't show it because I wasn't ready to dish it up yet, but it should definitely be served with a dollop of freshly whipped cream! —Rebecca Morales
- 2 cups milk (preferably whole but 2% is fine)
- 1 cup Heavy cream
- 1/2 cup condensed milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1/4 cup corn starch
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 super ripe Banana (optional)
- In a sauce pan, heat 1 cup milk, cream, condensed milk, salt and sugar over medium low heat.
- Once mixture is hot, in a separate bowl pour a slow stream into egg yolks stirring constantly being sure not to scramble the eggs. Pour the tempered egg mixture in the pan and continue cooking, stirring frequently.
- Combine the corn starch and remaining cup of milk. Mix until corn starch is completely dissolved, and stir into the sauce pan. Cook until pudding has thickened enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- Mash super ripe banana until it is as smooth as possible (if your banana is not as ripe as you'd like microwave it approx 2min). Add mashed banana to pudding making sure it is fully incorporated.
- Remove from heat and stir in butter and vanilla. Gently press plastic wrap to the top of the pudding to prevent skin from forming and refrigerate 4 hours to overnight.
Whipped Cream and Assembly
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large Bananas
- 1 box Nilla Wafers
- To make whipped cream: place metal bowl and whisk attachment in the freezer for 10 min. Whisk heavy cream, sugar and vanilla until stiff peaks form. Refrigerate while assembling pudding.
- Slice bananas about 1/8 in slices. Starting with the Nilla wafers, layer cookies, bananas, and pudding and ending with a combination of cookies and bananas. Whipped cream can be piped on top or place a dollop on top of each individual serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best No-Bake Desserts