If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Masala chai is my gift to all chai (tea) lovers this summer. The ever loved masala chai(spiced tea) gets a summer makeover with this easy and delicious kulfi (popsicle). Served here over some biscuit crumble and a bourbon chocolate syrup to make this perfect for fabulous entertaining! —Swayampurna Mishra Singh
For the masala chai/tea
Assam tea - black tea leaves
piece cinnamon stick
- To make the masala chai/ tea: Start by keeping the crushed spices and ginger ready. Place water in a saucepan, bring to a boil and add the spices. Remove from the gas and allow the spices to infuse for 5 minutes. Then put it back on the flame, add the tea leaves, bring to a boil and simmer for 1 min. Remove, add sugar and milk as per taste. Strain into a container and let it cool completely.
For the popsicle/kulfi:
Ready made ( made earlier) Rabri
- Once the chai has cooled completely, add the condensed milk to it and mix till combined. Add the rabdi and some pistachios to this mixture, mix well, and pour into kulfi or popsicle moulds.
- Put in the fridge overnight or for 8 hours before serving. To easliy remove the kulfi from the moulds, run the mould under hot water for 20 secs, lightly tap and remove to a plate.
- Alternately, if you are using ice cream sticks like me, once the kulfi is half set ( after 4 hours), stick any icecream or popsicle stick into the centre of it. Proceed with freezing completely as stated above.
- To serve: On a plate lay some of the biscuit crumble , top with a kulfi, add some more crushed spices, and drizzle the chocolate sauce as per your desire. A few more chopped pistachios and your gorgeous dessert is ready!!