If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Egg masala stir fry is one of those easy and quick dishes that come together in a matter of minutes and are full with the goodness of everyone’s favorite breakfast staple; eggs! Boil eggs the night before to make this delicious breakfast in 10 minutes. —Swayampurna Mishra Singh
- 6 Hard boiled eggs - (peeled and kept aside)
- To fry the eggs: Mustard oil - 1 tbsp Salt, pepper acc to taste Pinch of turmeric and kashmiri red chili powder per egg.
- 1 For the stir fry: Red bell pepper , cut into long thin strips
- 2, Red Onions,large -sliced thin
- 3 Tomatoes, medium - sliced thin
- 2 Green chillies kept whole
- 1 inch Ginger- cut into julienne
- 8 cloves , Garlic - chopped fine
- 1 tbsp Tamarind paste (i use ready made)
- 2 stalks, around 25 leaves. Curry leaves
- ½ tsp Mustard seeds
- ¼ tsp Turmeric
- 1 tsp Kashmiri Red chili powder
- Salt to taste. Pepper to taste.
- 2 tbsp Oil - for the masala
- Hard boil some eggs, peel and fry them off in a pan. To fry the eggs, add 1 tbsp oil in a nonstick pan, add the eggs , sprinkle the mentioned ingredients and let it gently fry on all sides (Remember to reduce the heat so that its golden all over, takes about 5 mins).
- While that's happening make the stir fry masala. Heat 2 tbsp oil in a separate pan, once hot add the mustard seeds, curry leaves in mustard oil. After it sputters,add 8 cloves of chopped garlic, 2 green chilies (whole) 2 large finely sliced red onions, 1 red bell pepper, 3 medium tomatoes, salt and pepper, Kashmiri red chili as per taste and sauté till soft.
- Add the tamarind paste and brown sugar and sauté well. Taste at this time and adjust as per taste. Usually needs more tamarind or sugar depending on personal preference. My version is hot, just a bit of tang from tamarind and the sugar is not noticeable at all.
- Your eggs must have been fried by now. Remove and cut into halves,length wise. When the masala is cooked, add the cut eggs to it and let it cook for 5 mins on medium to low heat.
- While that's happening, fry off the ginger julienne fried in oil. To serve, scoop everything into a plate, pour over the fried ginger juliene and the oil, add a few more fresh curry leaves and give the eggs a final sprinkling of freshly ground pepper. Voila!