If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This summer inspired salad combines local lettuces and herbs like fresh basil. Sauerkraut is a fermented food that contains beneficial gut-friendly probiotics that help to improve immune function, aid in digestion & nutrient absorption, support cognitive health and control inflammation. Healthy fats from avocado plus a beautifying boost of bee pollen will make your insides sing and you skin glow. —Allison Walton
- 2 bunches local lettuce, such as kale, arugula and romaine
- 1 handful fresh basil
- 1 cup cucumber, spiralized
- 1/2 cup local sauerkraut
- 1/2 cup tempeh, diced into small cubes
- 1/2 avocado
- 1-2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (or as desired)
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds
- 1 teaspoon bee pollen
- 1 pinch charcoal sea salt
- Start by placing the lettuce and fresh basil on to a large plate, followed by the cucumber noodles and sauerkraut.
- Slice and scoop out the avocado halves, then drizzle the salad as desired with olive oil.
- Sprinkle with hemp seeds, bee pollen and sea salt.