Author Notes: I was having ladies over for a holiday party and needed one more dish. Took what I had on hand and this is what I made. Most requested side to date! —BerryBaby
Prep time: 25 min
Cook time: 10 min
The Bean and Corn Vegetable Mixture
Can Black Beans
Fresh Corn on the Cob* (approx. 2-1/2 C.)
cup Green Bell Pepper
cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
cup Apple Cider Vinegar
cup Fresh Lime Juice
teaspoon Onion Powder
Salt and Pepper (to taste)
- Drain Black Beans in a mesh sieve. Move them ever so gently for trapped liquid to drain. I use a rubber spatula and use a folding motion.
- Chopped the celery, green pepper, set aside.
- Remove corn from cob. *Frozen corn can be used about a cup and a half.
- Slice the green onions into 1/4" pieces using all of the onion except the green stems.
- Place all the ingredients for the dressing in a jar with a lid, including the lime juice and shake to mix thoroughly.
- Place the beans, peppers, celery, corn, onion into a serving bowl.
- Right before serving, drizzle the dressing along the sides of the bowl and gently mix until everything is coated.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve at room temperature.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for The Recipe You're Asked to Bring to Every Gathering