If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I was having ladies over for a holiday party and needed one more dish. Took what I had on hand and this is what I made. Most requested side to date! —BerryBaby
The Bean and Corn Vegetable Mixture
- 1 Can Black Beans
- 2 Fresh Corn on the Cob*
- 1 cup Celery
- 1 cup Green Bell Pepper
- 6 Green Onions
- 1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/3 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Fresh Lime Juice
- 1/4 teaspoon Onion Powder
- Salt and Pepper (to taste)
- Drain Black Beans in a mesh sieve. Move them ever so gently for trapped liquid to drain. I use a rubber spatula and use a folding motion.
- Chopped the celery, green pepper, set aside.
- Remove corn from cob. *Frozen corn can be used about a cup and a half.
- Slice the green onions into 1/4" pieces using all of the onion except the green stems.
- Place all the ingredients for the dressing in a jar with a lid, including the lime juice and shake to mix thoroughly.
- Place the beans, peppers, celery, corn, onion into a serving bowl.
- Right before serving, drizzle the dressing along the sides of the bowl and gently mix until everything is coated.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve at room temperature.