If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love cooking with pears and it's one of my favourite fruits you can cook in a savoury dish.Pear and cheese is such a great combo...I've added a ginger & balsamic reduction. It's gorgeous and perfect for some outdoor dining! It's still baking hot here in SW France! —Celine
- 1 loaf
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon ginger
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 100 grams goats cheese
- The pears I had were ripe, I would have preferred them harder, so I cooked these less before they fell apart.
- I cooked a tablespoon of butter with a teaspoon of ginger and some pepper. Then added the pears, with a tablespoon of sugar. I've used sugar because my mum is allergic to honey, but honey is preferred.
- Then add the balsamic and pepper. Take out the pears and add a little water and butter to make the sauce.
- I made some homemade olive oil & oregano bread, which is perfect for this. Grill some goats cheese on a crostini, add a couple of slices of pear and drizzle the reduction over it. I've also made these with cream cheese as my dad doesn't like goats cheese. You can serve these cold but serve straight away.