If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My family go to summer recipe with fresh tomatoes garlic and basil! —Rosalba R
- 10 plum tomatoes
- 5 or more cloves of garlic
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 bunch basil
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup pecorino romano
- 1 pound bucatini pasta
- 1 pinch pepper
- Blanch tomatoes in pot of boiling water for 10 minutes or until the skins separate, drain and let cool in a strainer. Once cooled peel and crush the tomatoes (a potatoe masher works well ). Add back to the pot.
- using a mortar and pastel or food processor add garlic cloves with the pinch of salt and make a paste, begin adding the basil and crushing until you reach a pesto consistency. Add olive oil and stir mixture to combine.
- Add the garlic basil mixture to the crushed tomatoes and stir to combine. add pepper Set Aside and keep warm.
- Boil the bucatini as instructed and drain almost all liquid. Add pasta to the tomatoes and combine.
- Serve individually or family style, top with pecorino romano.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Fresh Tomato Showstopper