If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Ok it's not really born again and it's not really a sandwich either; one could argue that it is not really a recipe, but there is no shame in that. It is a good way to not-ruin a perfect summer tomato though; it keeps the accompaniments minimal while taking it one step beyond gobbling on the way home from the farmer's market while driving with one hand. Once I tried one of these I found it difficult to stop and now I make them for lunch rather often. One could make it into an appetizer, too, with very small rice cakes and tomatoes. —Starmade
- 1 tablespoon simple tahini dressing (described in step 2)
- 2 rice cakes (I like the ultra thin kind)
- 1 perfect summer tomato, medium sized
- 1/2 small avocado (optional but tasty)
- coarse sea salt and ground black pepper
- Spread tahini dressing on rice cakes. Add sliced avocado if you have some. Add sliced tomato. Add a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Eat.
- The simplest tahini dressing involves taking equal parts tahini and water, mixing well, adding an acid to taste (I like lime juice) with a sweetener to balance it (I like honey). Start with about a tablespoon each of acid and sweetener to a quarter cup each tahini and water; salt to taste. Fancier versions can be made if you are not in too much of a hurry to eat your tomato. I like Gena Hernshaw's recipe here://food52.com/recipes/28158-sesame-tahini-dressing
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Fresh Tomato Showstopper