If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My granny taught my mom how to make this and she taught me. Now I make it all the time when I need a quick summer side dish or dinner goes completely wrong. It celebrates summer produce and lets the natural flavors of it shine through. —Laura Dembowski
- 1 large cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 ripe tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 large sweet onion, thinly sliced into half moons
- 1 1/2 cups distilled white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- In a large bowl, stir together cucumber, tomatoes, onions, vinegar, sugar, pepper, and salt.
- Allow salad to sit at room temperature for at least 30 minutes and up to 1 hour to allow flavors to marry. Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 2 days.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Fresh Tomato Showstopper