If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Beautiful ripe tomatoes pair perfectly with the sweet cantaloupe. Tie together these summer flavors with basil and garlic. A pinch of chili pepper adds zip. —Carolyn Carnes
- 2 large heirloom tomatoes, large chop
- 2 cups cantaloupe, large chop
- 1/3 cup basil, cheffonade
- 1 large clove garlic, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2/3 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups rustic Italian bread
- Tear bread into chunks, spread onto a cookie sheet. Let sit in a single layer overnight to dry.
- 30 minutes before serving, mix together all ingredients. Toss.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Fresh Tomato Showstopper