Author Notes: Co-Owner/Executive Chef Roger Jocobsen from American Whiskey in NYC makes killer Broiled Oysters. Follow his recipe to make for a summer gathering! —staff
Serves: 6 oysters
cloves garlic, chopped
bunch parsley, chopped
pound butter, softened
cup panko bread crumbs
splashes Extra virgin olive oil
- Soften butter. While butter is softening, fine chop garlic and parsley.
- Zest one lemon with a microplane and place with garlic and parsley.
- Once all ingredients are chopped and butter is softened, mix all together.
- Shuck oysters and drain liquid.
- Place a spoonful of butter on each oyster and top that with a generous sprinkle of panko bread crumbs.
- Drizzle extra virgin olive oil on the bread crumbs.
- Place in broiler on low until breadcrumbs are golden brown. Remove from oven and enjoy.