If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My husband grilled some great wild sockeye salmon a day or so ago and I've been trying to figure out what to do with the leftover salmon. I found my package of Orzo under my chair after my grandson's last visit and decided a salad was in order. You see, this little package is usually stored in our pantry, about eye-level to a 2.5 year old boy. The pantry is a thing of wonder for him and the Orzo is his favorite item in the pantry. You just never know where it will show up after he has gone home. This salad is the perfect meal for a hot summer day, whether indoors or on a picnic. The lemon juice brings out all the flavors and makes this a most refreshing salad! —vivisue
- 8 ounces Grilled Salmon
- 16 ounces package of Orzo pasta, prepared according to package directions
- 1 small bottle of Capers (3.5 oz)
- 1 large Shallot bulb, chopped
- 20 Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- Juice of 2 large Lemons
- 1/4 cup diced Red Bell Pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh Dill, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh cracked Pepper
- Kosher Salt, to taste
- Mix all ingredients together in large bowl. Chill. Serve. Enjoy
- You can always substitute shrimp or chopped chicken for the salmon. This is a fresh, cool summer salad that your entire family can enjoy as a meal or a side dish!