If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Roasted red pepper and tomato soup is a perfect filling and nutritious dish that you can easily make at home without much hassle and is vegan. —Swayampurna Mishra Singh
- 2 Red bell pepper
- 1/2 onion
- 5 cloves of garlic, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter (omit if vegan)
- 1 teaspoon chillie flakes
- 350 milliliters veg stock
- 4 tablespoons fresh cream (use almond / cashew cream for vegan)
- 6 basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Start by preheating the oven to 200 C. Rub a little olive oil on the red peppers and keep it in the oven. Let it roast really well, till charred all over, Turn once while roasting. Bake at the top of your oven for 30 mins or until charred. Remove from oven, let it cool for sometime , take off the skin and chop it.
- Next, melt butter and olive oil in a deep pan, add the crushed garlic to it. After 30 secs add the chopped onion and cook till soft. Add the chopped roasted red pepper slices in with the chili flakes. Cook for two mins, then add the tomato paste, and canned tomato into it. Add the salt and pepper, a little sugar and the stock. Let it simmer for 15 mins. Do not boil the soup!
- After that, using a hand blender blend until the soup is smooth. Season to taste & add some basil leaves chopped finely. Gently simmer for another 15 mins until the soup is at a comfortable edible temperature.
- Serve by garnishing it with fresh cream (1 tbsp per bowl) and some pepper and garlic salt. Serve with hot grilled cheese! Enjoy
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Fresh Tomato Showstopper