If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Lobster isn’t a sometimes food in my life; it’s on every menu on Cape Cod. And it doesn’t hurt that I have a couple lobster traps in the water. Don’t get me wrong, I love a stuffed lobster or a roll, but this salad is a pleasant change for a hot summer day. The mild zucchini and sweet corn pull out those subtle flavors. It’s a happy bowl for a lunch entree or a side at the dinner table. —Just Me and The Clams
Serves 2 as an entree
- 3 lb live lobster (I usually grab two about 1.5 pounds)
- 1 lb chopped zucchini
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- Kernels from one ear of corn
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Add generous amounts of salt to a pot of water and bring to a boil. Generally, you’re supposed to have lobster in the pot for 8 mins per pound. This weight it per lobster, not how many pounds you have in the pot total. You can use the chart at http://www.meandtheclams.com/lobster-salad as a gauge for how long to boil.
- After boiling, set your lobster aside until it is cool enough to remove the meat. Remove the meat and chop roughly.
- Melt the butter in a pan over medium high heat. Add the onions, stirring frequently, until they are fragrant and soft (about 2 minutes). Then add the zucchini and the corn. Saute for about 4-5 minutes, stirring. Lower the heat to low, and add in the lemon juice and the parsley.
- Stir the lobster into the pan to warm it up. Once it’s warm, add salt to taste, and serve.