If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a delicious take on the Cuban dish Picadillo. The sweetness of the raisins combined with the saltiness of the olives and spiciness of the onion, makes for an explosion of flavors. Veal and or pork may be substituted for or added to the ground beef to equal 2lb increment if desired. —EpiCurious
Serves 18 good sized meatballs
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 cup finely diced green olives with pimento
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 4 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3/4 cup Red wine or Beef broth
- Place ground beef in large bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add in diced olives, raisins and diced onion. Mix thoroughly. Mix tomato paste and 3/4 cup of red wine in separate bowl until consistency is smooth. Add wet mixture to ingredients in large bowl and mix until well blended. Form meatballs and bake in oven at 350 degrees for approximately 50 minutes. Then remove from oven and serve with your favorite sauce over pasta or rice.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Meatballs