If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Savory & satiating, this easy to make frittata inspired by French cooking does triple duty as breakfast, lunch or dinner. Made with Asparagus, Spinach, Green Onions, Tomatoes & Potatoes. More at www.findmymojyo.com/frittata —Jyo
- 9 eggs
- 1/2 onion
- 2 green onion
- 1 boiled potato
- 6 asparagus stalks
- 2.5 cups fresh spinach
- 7-8 grape tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dry parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs. Add salt, pepper, italian seasoning, parsley, basil.
- From my childhood days of binge-watching Emril Lagasse on Food Network with my dad, I learnt that with dried herbs like Oregano & Thyme, you've got to rub them between your palms, like you're warming your hands. This breaks up the herbs into smaller pieces and gets the oils out. Hello, fragrant & flavorful! Trust me, it goes a long way! Follow through with the Fresh Thyme & Oregano and add to the whisked eggs.
- Add cheese to the egg batter.
- Dice veggies to your liking.
- Melt butter in the skillet. Saute the crunchy veggies first - onion and leeks together, followed by bell pepper & asparagus. Tomatoes go in last, as they cook the fastest. This order is important, if you cook tomatoes first, the resulting tomato juice will get in the way of the crunchy veggies cooking.
- Now pour the batter over the sautéed veggies in the skillet. Let it cook as is, for 2-3 minutes, but no more, or you'll have an omelette.
- Remove the skillet from the stove-top & move to the oven.
- Let it bake for 12 minutes, take care the egg doesn't overcook. Keep a close eye on it and remove once the Frittata is set. The top will look like a fluffed up omelette and the edges will be brown - that's how you know it's ready.
- Remove from the oven and slide the Frittata onto a plate or cutting board. Cut into wedges.