If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Creamy tomato bisque made with oven-roasted summer tomatoes, rosemary and garlic. —Sylwia | Vibrant Food Stories
- 3 pounds tomatoes
- 6 pieces garlic, unpeeled
- 3 sprigs rosemary
- 3 tablespoons oliv oil
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 1-2 teaspoons to taste
- 1 handful fresh basil, chopped
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black peppar
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Cut the tomatoes into quarters and place in an oven-proof dish.
- Cut the garlic gloves in halv and add to tomatoes, along with 2 springs of rosemary and drizzle with oliv oil.
- Roast the tomatoes in the upper side of the oven for about 25 minutes.
- When done, separate the roasted garlic gloves from the skin by squeezing them out. Place all the tomatoes, garlic and rosemary in a large pot. Add 3 cups of vegetable stock and bring to a boil. Then turn of the heat, add basil and blend with an immersion blender. Season with salt and peppar. Serve with a drizzle of oliv oil.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Fresh Tomato Showstopper