If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This pie is the perfect side dish or a main course served with an arugula herb salad! —Rebecca Morales
- 1 1/4 cups AP flour
- 6 tablespoons unsalted Butter (1 Stick) chilled and cubed
- 3 tablespoons Vegetable Shortening chilled and cubed
- 5 tablespoons ice cold Cream
- 2 teaspoons chopped Rosemary
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- dashes Black pepper
- In food processor, pulse all ingredients, except cream, until it has a crumbly texture.
- Add cream 1 tablespoon at a time until the dough is fully formed. Add more cream if necessary (water or milk can be used in this step). Form dough into a disk, and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate dough for at least one hour.
- 3 Large Heirloom Tomatoes
- 1/2 cup Ricotta
- 1/4 cup Mayo
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup Mozzarella
- 1/4 cup Parmesan
- 2 cobs of corn (kernels removed from cob)
- 3 cloves roasted garlic
- 1 handful Basil
- 5-7 sprigs chives
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Roll out pie dough and place in 9" pie pan. Crimp edges. Bake crust 15-20 min or until crust is a light golden color.
- While crust is baking, thinly slice tomatoes, salt and place on paper towels to remove excess moisture.
- In a large bowl, combine ricotta, mayo, chives, red pepper flakes, garlic, corn, mozzarella and half of Parmesan. Add salt and pepper to taste. Incorporate egg last so mixture can be tasted so not to over-salt. Fold in corn kernels.
- Once crust is par-baked and cooled slightly you can assemble pie. Begin with cheese mixture then cover with tomatoes and add a liberal sprinkle of basil chiffonade over each layer of tomatoes. For the final layer, sprinkle basil first then add tomatoes and Parmesan.
- Bake pie at 350 for 30 minutes until filling is bubbling and set. Allow to cool slightly before serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Fresh Tomato Showstopper