If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Inspired by my days at the beach on Fire Island. —Jeff McGovern
- 4 Boneless, Skin-Less Chicken Breasts
- 4 Stalks of Celery- thinly sliced on the bias
- 1 Fuji Apple - sliced into thin match sticks
- 1 Granny Smith Apple - sliced into thin match sticks
- 1 cup Green Grapes cut in halves
- 1/2 cup Currants
- 6 grilled baby potatoes (optional)
- 1 tablespoon Salt and Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup Mirin (Japanese sweet rice wine)
- 1 Iceberg Lettuce
- Generally season chicken breast on both sides with salt and pepper. grill on medium heat until 155F. During the last five minutes of cooking make sure the chicken becomes well charred, but not burnt on both side. This is what gives the salad is distinct flavour.
- Cover loosely with foil, let rest and cool until it is easy to handle with your hands, then shred in to pieces. DO NOT SLICE, the unique presentation is from shredding the breasts.
- in medium sized bowl add slices apples grapes, currants, mayonnaise and mirin and mix well. Fold in shredded Chicken. Refrigerate for two hours.
- For Optional Potatoes, cut into quarters, and place on large piece of foil, season with salt, pepper and olive oil. pull corners of foil to centre and twist to seal. place on BBQ while cooking chicken. Cook until folk tender. and cool completely.
- Shred Iceberg lettuce and place on serving platter. Place Chicken salad mixture on top, surround with BBQ potatoes and gently sprinkle with paprika. ( I use Iceberg lettuce due to lack of wilting you can substitute and greens)