Author Notes: This no-churn Indian ice cream is incredibly creamy, delicately fragrant and so easy to make!
milliliters full fat milk
cup white granulated sugar
teaspoon ground cardamom
In This Recipe
- Pour the milk in a heavy bottomed, wide pan and bring it to a boil over high heat.
- Once it reaches the boiling point, reduce the heat to medium high and simmer while stirring occasionally to prevent burning the milk at the bottom of the pan.
- Simmer the milk for about 45 minutes to an hour until the volume of milk is reduced to half.
- Add the sugar, ground cardamom and saffron and continue to cook for another 10 minutes until the sugar is dissolved.
- Take it off the heat and add the chopped almonds. Allow the mixture to cool completely.
- Pour the cool mixture into popsicle moulds and freeze overnight.
- To serve, dip the popsicle mould in a glass of hot water for a few seconds and then pull the kulfi out. Top with pistachios and rose petals for garnish if desired.