If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This no-churn Indian ice cream is incredibly creamy, delicately fragrant and so easy to make!
milliliters full fat milk
cup white granulated sugar
teaspoon ground cardamom
- Pour the milk in a heavy bottomed, wide pan and bring it to a boil over high heat.
- Once it reaches the boiling point, reduce the heat to medium high and simmer while stirring occasionally to prevent burning the milk at the bottom of the pan.
- Simmer the milk for about 45 minutes to an hour until the volume of milk is reduced to half.
- Add the sugar, ground cardamom and saffron and continue to cook for another 10 minutes until the sugar is dissolved.
- Take it off the heat and add the chopped almonds. Allow the mixture to cool completely.
- Pour the cool mixture into popsicle moulds and freeze overnight.
- To serve, dip the popsicle mould in a glass of hot water for a few seconds and then pull the kulfi out. Top with pistachios and rose petals for garnish if desired.