If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Fig season is finally here and I'm taking full advantage with these Fig, Prosciutto and Gruyère Purses. They’re flaky, sweet, salty and buttery. Perfect for a simple appetizer that everyone will love. —Paige
Sheet of Frozen Puff Pastry Dough
Fresh Figs, halved
ounces Package Sliced Prosciutto, each slice cut in half
1-inch Cubes of Gruyere Cheese
Olive Oil and Sea Salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Defrost puff pastry dough at room temp or in fridge until pliable
- Place on a lightly floured surface and cut into 9 equally sized squares.
- place one slice of prosciutto on top of each square, followed by a cube of cheese and half of a fig. Repeat for each square.
- Take each opposite corner up to the middle and press tightly to seal.
- Brush the tops with olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, until golden brown.
- If any of the purses open up during cooking you can press them together again when you remove them from the oven. Serve warm.
More Great Recipes: