Author Notes: Fig season is finally here and I'm taking full advantage with these Fig, Prosciutto and Gruyère Purses. They’re flaky, sweet, salty and buttery. Perfect for a simple appetizer that everyone will love. —Paige
Sheet of Frozen Puff Pastry Dough
Fresh Figs, halved
ounces Package Sliced Prosciutto, each slice cut in half
1-inch Cubes of Gruyere Cheese
Olive Oil and Sea Salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Defrost puff pastry dough at room temp or in fridge until pliable
- Place on a lightly floured surface and cut into 9 equally sized squares.
- place one slice of prosciutto on top of each square, followed by a cube of cheese and half of a fig. Repeat for each square.
- Take each opposite corner up to the middle and press tightly to seal.
- Brush the tops with olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, until golden brown.
- If any of the purses open up during cooking you can press them together again when you remove them from the oven. Serve warm.