If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These are a variation on the snack cakes by ATG117. Moist, lightly sweet and a way better use for overripe bananas than banana bread. —HalfPint
- 2 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 large eggs
- 6 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips or coarse chopped chocolate
- 1/2 cup chopped dates
- In a heatproof measuring cup, gently heat coconut oil to warm. Stir to melt. Whisk in bananas and eggs, until blended.
- Beat in sugar, salt, and vanilla, until well combined.
- Stir in flour and gently mix in. Fold in chocolate, coconut flakes, and dates.
- Pour mixture into a greased or foil-lined 8x8 or 9x9 pan. Bake at 350F for 45-55 minutes. This mixture will not rise.
- Cool completely and cut into 2" bars.