If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: In the Connecticut River valley of Western Massachusetts, Hadley is well-known for its alluvial soil and some of the best vegetables the region has to offer. Right next door, it's lesser known cousin on the right bank, Hatfield, does a pretty darn good job too. —Jim Kennedy
- 6 ears of corn
- 1 red onion
- 1/2 pint heirloom cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- corn milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- Boil corn for 2 minutes, turning halfway through. Cool in ice bath.
- Cut corn off cob. Using the back of a chef's knife, run down the cobs to get the corn milk.
- Quarter the tomatoes, shred the basil, finely dice the red onion.
- Mix ingredients in bowl, refrigerate and serve.