If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Chicken thighs cooked with Brussel sprouts and butternut squash in a cast iron skillet —De Har
- 6 Chicken thighs
- 3/4 pound Chopped butternut squash
- 3/4 pound Brussel sprouts
- 1 cup Low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup Onion chopped
- 1/2 cup Green peppers chopped
- 1/2 cup Celery chopped
- 1/2 cup Carrots chopped
- 2 Cloves of minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon Black Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Kosher Salt
- 1 tablespoon Turmeric
- 1 tablespoon Herbs de Provence
- 1 tablespoon Curry powder
- 1 tablespoon Smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon Garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Brown or Dijon mustard
- 1 cup Water
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees Season chicken thighs with a tablespoon of the above seasonings and mix to distribute evenly
- Add olive oil to cast iron skillet ; allow pan to heat
- Place seasoned chicken thighs to pan skin side down. Flipping after 3 mins
- Once both sides are brown remove chicken From pan and let rest
- Reduce heat and deglaze by adding the mustard and chicken stock by stirring the little bits from the pot(my favorite part)
- Add chopped veggies. allow to cook for five minutes. Add pinch of salt and pepper. While they are cooking take Brussel sprouts chop into quarters. Afterwards take the butternut squash and cut into the same size as the sprouts.
- Stir veggies that are sautéeing and add sprouts and squash. Allow all to cook for five minutes. Reseason with a pinch of ALL seasonings used for the chicken
- Add back chicken thighs and add remaing water
- Remove from oven and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best One-Pan Dinner