If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a high fiber, low carb, low cost dish. My grandma described a similar dish served by her poor cousins during the Depression and Grandma exclaimed, "Iit was the best meal I ever had!" —LaDonna Lonberger Sanders
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup medium onion, chopped
- 14 oz. packets cole slaw mix (shredded cabbage & carrot)
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash pepper
- Salt a large nonstick skillet, then add beef, breaking up into small chunks to brown over medium high heat. When beef is almost browned, drain the fat.
- Add onion and pepper and continue to cook until softened. Reduce heat to low.
- Add the cole slaw mix, arranging it into a layer (about 1 1/2 inch thick) on top of beef-onion mixture. Layer shredded cheese on top of cole slaw mix and cover with lid.
- When cabbage is translucent and cheese has melted (about 3-5 minutes), remove from heat. Turn into serving dish, stir to mix ingredients, and serve hot.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best One-Pan Dinner