If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Delicious simple breakfast/brunch dish, quiche alternative without the carbs —Andres Gutierrez
- 1/2 cup Onion, finely chopped
- 3 Garlic cloves, medium, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Tomatoes, chopped, can be cherry, roma, etc
- 1 Zucchini, small, chopped
- 1/2 Red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup Spinach, chopped
- 3 tablespoons Olive oil, extra virgin
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Pepper, cracked
- 1/2 Serrano (optional), very finely chopped
- Sauté items over low-medium heat in 8-10" non-stick all metal frying pan (important, no plastic or rubber!) Drain tomato juice into a bowl and keep
- Preheat oven to 500F
Egg and cheese mix
- 6 Large eggs
- 1/2 cup White cheddar, grated, or similar strong cheese
- 1/4 cup Parmesan or asiago, freshly grated
- 1/4 cup Swiss or emmentaler cheese, grated
- Mix eggs and cheese in mixing bowl. (Note, can vary cheeses). Mix in drained tomato from sauté
- Pour over sautéed vegetable mixture over medium heat 2 min
- Put into 500F oven for 10-12 min till top cooked (not runny). Take out of oven. CAUTION, HOT, USE HIGH TEMP GLOVE/ MIT With spatula ensure that fritatta is not stuck. Put serving dish on top of pan and turn over. REMEMBER, HOT HANDLE!