If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This maple pecan granola is so simple to make and can be used in countless ways! —Leigh Suznovich
Makes 8 cups
- olive oil, as needed for greasing
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
- 1 1/2 cups raisins
- 1 1/2 cups shelled sunflower seeds
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 3/4 cup water
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees and line a sheet tray with a silicone mat so that the granola doesn't stick too badly. Lightly grease the mat with olive oil. Combine the oats, pecans, raisins, sunflower seeds, cinnamon, salt, maple syrup and water together in a large mixing bowl. Stir it together thoroughly. Spread the mixture out into a thin single layer on the prepared sheet tray and bake it for 30 minutes.
- When the 30 minutes are up, take the tray out and turn off the oven. Break the granola up and toss it well, then put the tray back into the oven to dry out completely for 2 hours. When the two hours are up, transfer the granola into sealable containers. This recipe makes about 8 cups and can be stored for up to a month to be used in countless ways!