If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe is from my mother - and my favorite way to eat tofu. The combination of cilantro, tofu and ponzu is so refreshing and light. An easy way to add a healthy, vegan side dish to your weeknight rotation. Can be whipped up in 5 minutes or less, and makes eating tofu fun and exciting.
This recipe is so versatile - feel free to add in other vegetables that you need to use up. —Naomi B.
- 1 bunch Fresh Cilantro (with stems)
- 1 packet Extra Firm Tofu
- 1 cup Cherry Tomatoes (Cut in Half or Roughly chopped)
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 tablespoons Ponzu Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Soy Sauce (or more to taste)
- Wash and dry the cilantro. Starting at the leafy top, begin to roughly chop the cilantro until you reach the area with more stems. Once you reach the stems, finely chop the stems into fine pieces. Put the chopped cilantro into a large mixing bowl.
- Drain the extra firm tofu and pat dry with paper towels. Add the tofu into the mixing bowl.
- Using a wooden spoon or fork, begin to "mash up" the tofu into small pieces, and mix all the ingredients together. Continue to mash up the tofu until the tofu looks like crumbled feta pieces. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary, by adding more ponzu and/or soy sauce.