If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: You get a taste of Fall when you bite into one of these spiced Gluten-Free Pear & Ginger Muffins. Best enjoyed with a cup of coffee, tea, or milk and a friend. —Julie | Sweet and Spicy Monkey
Makes 6 large muffins or 12 regular sized muffins
- 4 ripe pears, peeled and diced
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 dash nutmeg
- 4 tablespoons candied ginger, diced
- 1 1/2 cups Gluten-Free flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Grease muffin tin with coconut oil, butter, or baking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together pears, coconut sugar, spices, and candied ginger. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, mix in remaining ingredients.
- Pour into prepared muffin tins and bake for 20 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of muffin comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool for about 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, invert muffin tin over wire rack and remove muffins from baking tin. Turn muffins back over and let cool completely.
- Serve as is or with butter or cream cheese.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for When You Want It to Feel Like Fall