If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A savory pumpkin soup to help keep you warm during those cool Fall nights —Julie | Sweet and Spicy Monkey
- 1 roasted sugar pumpkin
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup canned coconut milk
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon rubbed Dalmatian sage
- 1 tablespoon butter
- After roasting sugar pumpkin and it has cooled, scoop the pumpkin flesh from skins.
- Place pumpkin flesh and chicken broth, water, coconut milk, and spices into a large blender. Puree until pumpkin flesh is smooth and all ingredients are mixed together.
- Pour into a medium sauce pan.
- Stir in remaining ingredients of maple syrup and butter.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat while stirring.
- After soup begins to boil, turn down heat to low, cover, and simmer for 45 minutes to an hour, stirring occasionally.
- Serve immediately. Can garnish with 1 teaspoon coconut milk swirled over the top and a sprinkling of nutmeg and rubbed Dalmatian sage
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for When You Want It to Feel Like Fall