If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
- 2 cups oat flour (if you do not have oat flour, you can simply grind your own oats in a blender)
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 preferably organic (it makes a huge difference!)
- 1.5 cups mylk (alternative milk of your choice)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons natural peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons cacao nibs or semisweet dark chocolate chips/pieces (optional)
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together dry ingredients: oat flour, baking powder, and sea salt.
- Make a well in the centre and add in the wet ingredients: eggs, mylk, coconut oil, vanilla, peanut butter, and maple syrup. Whisk together until batter is smooth. Sprinkle in cacao nibs. Let sit for 5 minutes to allow grains to absorb liquid (this will make for fluffier waffles).
- Lightly grease waffle pan with coconut oil and heat up waffle iron.
- With a spoon or ladle, mix the batter once more. Ladle batter into hot waffle iron, then close. Cook for 2-3 minutes (as per instructions of your iron). Ideal consistency: crispy outer layer and a moist, chocolatey inner layer.
- Top with Fancy Pufs (I'd suggest Vanilla or Salted Caramel)