If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Crunchy apples and Brussels sprouts combine with dried cranberries, cheddar, and shallots in this tasty salad topped with a bright citrus dressing. —tasty seasons
- 16 ounces Brussels sprouts
- 8 ounces cooked, shredded chicken
- 2 crisp, tart apples, diced (such as Macoun, Honeycrisp, or Granny Smith)
- 3 ounces dried cranberries
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced and then diced
- 2 ounces pecans, toasted and broken into pieces
- 2 ounces extra sharp cheddar cheese, coarsely grated
- zest from half an orange (optional)
- Rinse the Brussels sprouts. Cut off the ends and remove any damaged leaves. If you have a food processor, set it up with the slicer blade and enjoy the pure joy of dropping the sprouts down the shoot. If you don't have a food processor, thinly slice the sprouts (a sharp knife or mandolin works well). Once the Brussels sprouts are all sliced, give them a good bath in a salad spinner or large bowl to get all the trapped grit out. Spin or drain and pat them dry.
- Combine all of the salad ingredients in a large bowl. Top with dressing and toss to coat salad with dressing.
- Juice from 1 grapefruit
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 ounces extra virgin olive oil
- Combine all of the dressing ingredients in a jar and shake to combine. Taste and adjust as necessary.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for When You Want It to Feel Like Fall