If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This tasty French dish with baked fresh summer vegetable tastes even better made a day in advance. —All that's Jas
- 2 small to medium size zucchini
- 2 small eggplants (any color)
- 2 large tomatoes
- 1 garlic clove
- some fresh thyme
- some fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Finely slice the clean vegetables cross or lengthwise, using a mandoline slicer. Lightly oil a round oven-proof dish. Starting from the outside, arrange the vegetables in a dish in an upright position alternating colors. Press them in tightly. This task may need extra patience or a third hand to help. Alternatively, use a square dish or arrange vegetables in rows, or layers like lasagna. There’s no wrong way of layering.
- Tuck garlic pieces between the vegetable rows. Drizzle with oil, season with salt and pepper, and top with thyme. Bake uncovered until vegetables are tender, about 50-60 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature garnished with torn basil leaves.