If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A warm and filling breakfast (or snack or dessert) for those cool autumn days —Colleen Stem
- 1/2 cup dried red lentils
- 1 cup water
- 1 apple (mac or honey crisp are excellent choices)
- 1 teaspoon or so of cinnamon
- 1-2 teaspoons of a sweetener like maple or brown sugar optional
- Stick water and lentils go into a pot and bring to a boil. Chop apple into pieces, some big, some small or all the same size. Once the lentils are boiling, dump in most of the chopped apple (save about 1/4 of it for later) into the pot and sprinkle with cinnamon. Stir around, reduce heat to a low and cook until the lentils are soft (about 10 minutes) Once they are cooked, taste and decide if you need sweetener. If you do, add a teaspoon or two of whatever in now and mix around then,transfer the lentil goodness into a bowl, toss on remaining apple chunks, sprinkle with cinnamon, and go to town.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for When You Want It to Feel Like Fall