If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Squash tossed in olive oil and a dab of maple syrup. Then, roasted until it’s golden brown on the edges and topped with Parmesan, walnuts, and parsley. —Vicky | Things I Made Today
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 1/2 pounds Delicata squash, cut in half lengthwise, cored, then cut into 1/2 inch moons
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons walnuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- Preheat over to 400F.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil and maple syrup. Place squash moons in a medium sized bowl and pour olive oil mixture on top. Add salt and toss to coat. Transfer squash to a baking sheet and spread out so it's in a single layer and there are no overlapping moons. Bake for 15-20 minutes, flipping half way, until squash is soft and nicely browned.
- In the meantime, toast walnuts in a small saucepan over low heat until they are about a shade darker and smell nuttier, about 5-10 minutes.
- Arrange squash on a platter and sprinkle with toasted walnuts, Parmesan, and parsley. Serve immediately.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for When You Want It to Feel Like Fall