If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: 15-minute Shrimp Fried Rice – like Chinese takeout but healthier and even better! —Angelina Papanikolaou
- 2 tablespoons butter, unsalted
- 1 pound shrimp, clean & deveined (or protein of your choice)
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 3 cloves garlic, pressed
- 3 cups rice, cooked and chilled
- 4 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons oyster sauce (optional)
- black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- Heat ½ tbsp of butter over medium-low heat in a large skillet or wok. Add shrimp and cook. Remove shrimp and set aside.
- Add another ½ tbsp of butter to skillet. Once melted, cook eggs until scrambled. Remove and set aside.
- Add an additional ½ tbsp butter and cook carrots and onions. Saute for about 5 minutes or until the veggies soften. Add peas, garlic, and pepper and cook another minute.
- Increase the the heat to medium-high and add the remaining butter. Once butter is melted, add the rice, soy sauce and oyster sauce. Stir until combined.
- Continue stirring 3-4 more minutes to fry the rice.
- Add in the shrimp and eggs. Stir to combine.
- Remove from heat and stir in the sesame oil