If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Breakfast Bulgur with Blueberry Sauce is a warm, nutritious, filling, and of course – a delicious way to begin your day. —Angelina Papanikolaou
- 1 cup coarse bulgur
- 1 1/2 cups light coconut milk
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tbsp water
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 teaspoons honey, divided
- 1 pint blueberries
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 tablespoon chopped pistachios, or any other nuts
- 2 teaspoons chia seeds
- 2 teaspoons coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoons bee pollen
- 2 teaspoons almond butter
- 1 banana, sliced
- In a medium saucepan, combine bulgur, 1 cup of the coconut milk and ½ cup of water. Bring to a boil and stir. Remove from heat, cover and leave it to sit until the bulgur absorbs all of the liquid (about 12-15 minutes). Once all the liquid has absorbed, stir in the remaining coconut milk, cinnamon, and 2 tsp of honey.
- While you are waiting on the bulgur, prepare the blueberry sauce. In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, combine the blueberries, 2 tbsp of water, and 1 tsp of honey. Cook, stirring frequently, until the berries break down and sauce thickens slightly (5-7 minutes).
- To prepare the toppings, combine the coconut flakes, pistachios, chia seeds, coconut sugar, and bee pollen in a small bowl.
- To serve, spoon the warm bulgur into a bowl. Top with the almond butter and hot blueberry sauce. Sprinkle with the coconut flake mixture and adda few banana slices.