Author Notes: A fresh flavoured Fall update to a classic Italian comfort food. Serve pan-fried with a shallot, butter and your favourite greens and top with spicy cayenne candied walnuts. —Andrea Lane | The Nourishing Lane
cup Pumpkin Puree
cup All purpose Flour
teaspoon Sage (dried)
teaspoon Thyme (dried)
pinches Chilli Flakes
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees fahrenheit.
- Cut sugar pumpkin in half, scoop out seeds (they are great roasted), rub a little bit of olive oil and some salt and pepper over the pumpkin flesh and roast skin side down until pumpkin is soft.
- Scoop pumpkin flesh into food processor and process until smooth puree is left.
- Measure out 1 cup of pumpkin puree, the rest can be use to make an awesome roasted pumpkin soup, pumpkin smoothie or in baking.
- Add 1 cup pumpkin puree, all purpose flour, sage, thyme, cinnamon, nutmeg and chilli flakes into a mixing bowl.
- Mix together to form a soft dough.
- Split dough into two piles, and roll dough into long and thin roll. Cut into 1-2 inch pieces. Roll small pieces onto prongs of fork, to form classic gnocchi lines.
- Add gnocchi to salted boiling water and simmer until gnocchi float. Remove gnocchi from hot water.
- Toss with your favourite sauce and enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Savory (Winter) Squash Recipe