If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A fresh flavoured Fall update to a classic Italian comfort food. Serve pan-fried with a shallot, butter and your favourite greens and top with spicy cayenne candied walnuts. —Andrea Lane | The Nourishing Lane
- 1 cup Pumpkin Puree
- 1 cup All purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Sage (dried)
- 1/2 teaspoon Thyme (dried)
- 1 pinch Cinnamon
- 1 pinch Nutmeg
- 2 pinches Chilli Flakes
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees fahrenheit.
- Cut sugar pumpkin in half, scoop out seeds (they are great roasted), rub a little bit of olive oil and some salt and pepper over the pumpkin flesh and roast skin side down until pumpkin is soft.
- Scoop pumpkin flesh into food processor and process until smooth puree is left.
- Measure out 1 cup of pumpkin puree, the rest can be use to make an awesome roasted pumpkin soup, pumpkin smoothie or in baking.
- Add 1 cup pumpkin puree, all purpose flour, sage, thyme, cinnamon, nutmeg and chilli flakes into a mixing bowl.
- Mix together to form a soft dough.
- Split dough into two piles, and roll dough into long and thin roll. Cut into 1-2 inch pieces. Roll small pieces onto prongs of fork, to form classic gnocchi lines.
- Add gnocchi to salted boiling water and simmer until gnocchi float. Remove gnocchi from hot water.
- Toss with your favourite sauce and enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Savory (Winter) Squash Recipe