If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This easy-to-follow recipe is perfect for your next dinner party! It is a delicious take on a traditional lasagna recipe, with vegetables and a touch of oyster sauce to add savory flavor. —Consumer Foodie
- 1 pound 90% lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons Lee Kum Kee Oyster Flavored Sauce
- 1 small onion
- 1 celery rib
- 1 medium carrot
- 2 portobello mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 28 oz. can of crushed tomatoes
- 2 6 oz. cans of tomato paste
- 3 1/2 cups water
- 8 ounces oven-ready lasagna noodles
- 3 cups part-skim ricotta cheese
- 3 cups part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- In a large bowl, place the beef. Brush the oyster sauce over the entire surface area of the beef. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Finely dice the onion, celery, carrot, and mushrooms. Mince the garlic.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot or saucepan over medium heat. When the oil is shimmering, add the diced onion, celery, carrot, and minced garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables soften, about 4 minutes. Add the beef, diced mushrooms, sage, and rosemary. Continue to cook, breaking up the ground beef using a wooden spoon, until the meat is cooked through, about 5 minutes. Then add the bay leaf, crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, water, and stir to combine. Bring the mixture to a boil. Lower heat and simmer, covered, until sauce thickens, about 20 minutes. Allow the sauce to cool about 15 minutes and remove bay leaf.
- Pre-heat the oven to 350° F.
- In a 14x11-inch baking pan, spread about 1½ cups of the sauce on the bottom of the pan. Add a layer of 4 lasagna noodles, placing the noodles so they slightly overlap. Spread about 2 cups of the sauce over the noodles, then spread half the ricotta cheese, and sprinkle 1 cup of mozzarella cheese. Repeat with a second layer. Spread the remaining sauce over the top of the noodles, sprinkle with remaining 1 cup of mozzarella cheese, and then the grated Parmesan. Cover the pan with aluminum foil and place in the oven to bake for 1 hour.