If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I have developed this recipe depending very much on my palette and the flavours I like to taste in a winter soup. It's simple, healthy and doesn't require much time to prepare. —Yasmine Helal
- 1 Large diced onion
- 4 Cloves of garlic
- 1 Big diced potatoe
- 1 cup Skimmed milk
- pinches Salt
- dashes Cinnamon powder
- dashes Cloves powder
- 1 teaspoon Grated fresh Ginger
- 2 tablespoons Grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 cups Diced squash or pumpkin
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- Cracked pepper for garnish
- handfuls Fresh rosemary for garnish
- 2 liters Water
- Heat the oil in large pot add the onion,garlic, salt, cinnamon, cloves and ginger and cook until golden in color.
- Add the diced potatoes and pumpkin or squash cook for another 5 minutes, add the water and milk and let simmer over low heat until the pumpkin or squash is very soft.
- Add Parmesan cheese and pure with a hand blender. Boil for another minute or two.
- Pour into a bowl and garnish with cracked pepper and rosemary.