If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This week, I'm doing a cleanse inspired by health coach Alisa Vitti's book, Woman Code. If you haven't read it, I'd highly recommend it. Through this book, Alisa taught me more about how my hormones & endocrine system are connected, how to balance my body to feel my best & the hormone's connection to skin.
In a nutshell, Alisa has me eating fruit and fiber for breakfast, whole grains & veggies for lunch & a light protein & veggie dinner with snacks between every meal. The main things I'm doing differently for my Woman Code cleanse are eating dinner earlier, at least 3 hours before bedtime, & having small snacks between meals to avoid letting my blood sugar dip too low.
Through Salinity, I've had the pleasure of getting to know many women. Each of us has our own unique needs, but I got curious about the women telling me they have consistent hormonal breakouts. I will have the occasional flare up around my period but Alisa gives us the tools to get the upper hand on hormonal breakouts & much more.
She gives a very simple, beautifully manageable meal plan, but not being one to accept the status quo, I worked with the permissible ingredients until I made something to scrumptious to resist. Here's a Woman Code inspired soup recipe for a delicious & satisfying supper! —Salinity
- 1 head cauliflower
- 2 bulbs fennel
- 4 cloves garlic
- 5 carrots
- 5 stalks celery
- coconut oil for sautéing
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- cold pressed olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- Roughly chop fennel and cauliflower into 2-inch pieces. Press & roughly chop garlic.
- Toss fennel & cauliflower in a large pot with a bit of coconut oil on medium high. Sprinkle with 1 tsp salt and sauté until tender, about 8 minutes. Turn off heat and cover with 6 cups water to cool.
- Cut carrots and celery into bite-size pieces. In a seperate large pot on medium high heat, sauté in coconut oil until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Once cauliflower, fennel & mixture has cooled to room temperature, purée in a blender.
- Pour over carrots & celery. Sprinkle with pepper. Stir in optional herb(s) if your heart desires.
- Serve with a thin slip of cold pressed olive oil.