Author Notes: This salad was made by accident - adding what was around the house into a big bowl. End result was delicious! —ChezUs
ears white corn
drizzle olive oil
pint cherry tomatoes
of a red onion, diced
cilantro, handful, minced
avocado, medium dice
drizzle of high quality olive oil
teaspoons cumin seeds, lightly toasted
kosher salt, to taste
In This Recipe
- Heat your BBQ grill. Lightly coat the corn with some olive oil, grill, just until there are slight grill marks. Let cool.
- While the corn is grilling, let the onion sit in an icy bowl of water, to remove the bitterness, for at least 30 minutes; drain.
- Toss cherry tomatoes into a serving bowl. I used really tiny ones, if you cannot find really tiny ones, cut them in half.
- Add the onion and the cilantro.
- Carefully, slice the corn kernels off of the ears of corn, add to the bowl.
- In a small jar or bowl, mix olive oil, lemon juice and cumin. Drizzle over the corn mixture. Add the avocado.
- Season with salt. Toss.
- Serve. Eat.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Corn Recipe