If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This salad was made by accident - adding what was around the house into a big bowl. End result was delicious! —ChezUs
ears white corn
drizzle olive oil
pint cherry tomatoes
of a red onion, diced
cilantro, handful, minced
avocado, medium dice
drizzle of high quality olive oil
teaspoons cumin seeds, lightly toasted
kosher salt, to taste
- Heat your BBQ grill. Lightly coat the corn with some olive oil, grill, just until there are slight grill marks. Let cool.
- While the corn is grilling, let the onion sit in an icy bowl of water, to remove the bitterness, for at least 30 minutes; drain.
- Toss cherry tomatoes into a serving bowl. I used really tiny ones, if you cannot find really tiny ones, cut them in half.
- Add the onion and the cilantro.
- Carefully, slice the corn kernels off of the ears of corn, add to the bowl.
- In a small jar or bowl, mix olive oil, lemon juice and cumin. Drizzle over the corn mixture. Add the avocado.
- Season with salt. Toss.
- Serve. Eat.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Corn Recipe